- We will provide qualified writing consultants who support the academic mission of the University so that you can work confidently in our writing centers.
- We will create an environment, at each of our sites (Writer's Roosts), that is accessible, comfortable, and productive.
- We will help you understand and practice writing-to-learn for writing in all subjects now and for writing in the future.
- We will help you understand and practice many strategies effective writers use, from brainstorming to editing.
- We will support your growth as a writer and provide the expertise, the resources, and the space and time to work with you on your writing while you are here at the University of Kansas.
As a part of the global community, the KU Writing Center fosters diversity in all of its dimensions and supports writers in reaching their personal and professional goals. All writers, with their unique life experiences, worldviews, languages and voices, are respected and welcomed. We provide an environment that is conducive to diverse learning styles and forms of expression, and we respect writers' use of their home languages and world Englishes. We also work with others to pursue justice and remedy current and historical inequities in higher education. Our Center embraces the humanity of all people, celebrating the contributions each individual makes to the Writing Center, KU, and the wider community.