Face-to-Face Consultations in Anschutz Library
All writers benefit from invested readers who provide feedback, ask questions, serve as sounding boards, and offer motivation and encouragement throughout the writing process. The KU Writing Center provides individual consultations with trained peer consultants who will coach and guide you as you write. You can make appointments for consultations at any stage of the writing process--when you haven't yet started writing, are trying to polish a final draft, or are somewhere in between. We ask that you make the suggested revisions before scheduling another appointment time. We do not not offer line-by-line corrections. Consultants are educators, not editors.
The KU Writing Center will provide face-to-face appointments in the Fall. Please review the policies below when making an in-person appointment:
- Please plan to arrive for your appointment on time (not early or late) as our waiting area is small.
- Please bring two copies of your paper so you and the consultant can each have a copy. If you’re unable to bring two copies, then please bring a copy for yourself and your laptop and make sure the paper is easily accessible digitally.
- In accordance with the KU’s 5/27/21 mask update, masks are no longer required to be worn indoors or outdoors on campus. The Protect KU FAQ page provides this additional guidance:
- Unvaccinated individuals — Masks are still highly encouraged for individuals who have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves and others.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms — Masks are highly encouraged for individuals who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status. If you are experiencing COVID19 symptoms or don't feel well, in accordance with
Policies to Know
You must arrive on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment will be treated as a no-show, and we will not be able to conduct the appointment.
Some students think they must take completed papers to their Writing Center appointments. Here's the good news: we work with writers (and writing) at any stage of completion or incompletion. Even if you're "not ready" to see a consultant, we recommend you keep your appointment. You'll be surprised at how much you can accomplish! However, if you must cancel your appointment, please give us notice. Here's how it works:
- Log into our appointment system (you can also get there by clicking on "Schedule an Appointment") and open your appointment. At the bottom of that screen, you will see an option to cancel. You can also cancel by calling (785) 864-2399.
- Please cancel your appointment at least 1 hour in advance. If you have not cancelled your appointment within this time frame, it will be considered a missed appointment.
- If you miss more than two scheduled appointments, you will no longer be able to make KU Writing Center appointments online.